Tours & Retreats
Adventure Paddle Tours
During the summer months, Paddle Diva offers Adventure Paddle Tours for more experienced paddlers who are ready to take on bigger challenges.
Past Adventure Paddle Tours have included:
- an exploration of the history and ecology of Sag Harbor with wildlife biologist Mike Bottini (author of "Exploring East End Waters: A Natural History and Paddling Guide"). On this SUP tour, participants discovered what lives beneath and above the water, including two interesting marine species that inhabit the area: the diamondback terrapin and the alewife.
- a paddle down the Peconic River, the longest river on Long Island. Originating in bogs and wetlands of the Long Island Pine Barrens, weaving it's way through protective wilderness, and flowing eastward to the Peconic Bay, the river is slow-moving, making it ideal for our standup paddling trip.
- a tour of Accabonac Harbor, including a leisurely loop around Wood Tick Island, past rocks that are home for a variety of water birds. Gardiner’s Bay boasts some of the most pristine shore line on the East End on Long Island with miles of undeveloped marshland.
- a nine-mile standup paddle tour of the Cartwright shoals, through Gardiners Bay along the bluffs and waterfences all the way to Three Mile Harbor and Hands Creek Landing.
- a unique Stand Up Paddle tour of our bays and waterways of the New Suffolk on the North Fork. This tour was successful in providing a new and different perspective of the land and helped to fund donations to the New Suffolk Waterfront Fund.
Paddle Diva is privileged to work with different and distinguished tour guides such as Mike Bottini and Bruce Horwitz, former Director of Preserves on Long Island at the Nature Conservancy. We are strong believers in the exploration and conservation of natural diversity. It is in that spirit that we continue to collaborate with different tour guides that can help to shine a new light on some of the natural hidden wonders of our waterways.
Not ready for an Adventure tour? We also offer SUP lessons for people of all skill levels.
For those looking for an integrated fitness program, check out our "S'UP Dog" paddle board yoga classes or "Power Up on a SUP," a workout combining upper body strengthening moves and yoga stretches, sprints, power paddles and exercises done on the board meant to target each muscle group (legs, back, abs/core, etc.).